Door drops are a cost-effective method to communicate your message to your audience during lockdown.
According to JICMail, during the first lockdown restrictions across Europe, the average piece of direct mail was interacted with 4.58 times, an 11% increase year-on-year.
Door drops also had record levels of consumer engagement, with the average item interacted with 3.19 times, which represents 15% growth year-on-year.
What are door drops
Door drops are any un-addressed communication that comes through your audience’s letterbox in the form of advertising, promotion or informative literature.
Contrary to targeted direct mail, door drops deliver non-addressed items to all properties in a defined geographical area.
How you can use door drops during the lockdown restrictions?
- Advertise products and services
- Drive web traffic
- Drive people in store (if you are considered an essential service)
- Promote an event
- Highlight seasonal sales and promotions
- Build cost-effective brand awareness
- Broadcast public information messages
- Acquire new customers
What are the benefits?
With lockdown restrictions in place, door drops can be used to boost other marketing channels in order to improve your customer journey.
Door Drops Help To Build Awareness
On average, door drops are kept and remain in the home for 5.4 days, with 14% of them remaining present for over 28 days. (JICMAIL Q2 2017 – Q1 2019)
Research also shows that mail has 35% better recall than social media advertising and 49% more than email. (Royal Mail MarketReach, Neuro-Insight, 2018).
Door Drops Can Help To Grow Your Business
Door drops are able to help you to keep in touch with your customers during the lockdown restrictions, allowing you to inform them about new business hours or how your organization is dealing with COVID-19, for example.
They also help to improve brand awareness and can be used as different calls to action, which will help you to keep your business running.
Door Drops Allow You to Target Your Ideal Customer
Using advanced targeting you can reach households that match your desired profile. You can choose to send your mail piece to people within driving distance of a specific location or from particular demographic groups.
Door Drops Are GDPR Compliant
As door drops do not target people at an individual level, they are completely GDPR compliant.
Creating a Successful Door Drop Campaign
The Data and Marketing Association (DMA) summarises some key factors in successful door drop campaigns
1. Customer targeting – knowing who your customers are, where they live, what their profile is and what their marketing preferences are.
2. Offer – having a compelling message which showcases the benefits of your services and products to your audience.
3. Timing – getting the right offer, to the right person, at the right time. Avoid sending acquisition messages to your current customers!
4. Creative – making your offer stand out, through the design, format and content of your communication.
5. Response – Ensuring that your call to action is aligned to your goals.
Identifying and Locating Your Audience
Reach only those people who are within a certain distance. This can be done either by distance from a certain point or drive time
Our unique technology allows you to choose the best location to send your door drop.
Ireland is broken down into over 18500 SABs (Small Area Boundaries), with up to 250 houses in each.
By using our unique service, you can choose which SABs your door drop will be delivered, guaranteeing that your message gets to the right door.
As well as sending your message to a specific location, you can choose to target specific groups within that location. For that, you can separate your audience, for example, by:
- Household structure (i.e. married, single, number of children, etc.)
- Wealth of householders
- Type of housing e.g. semi, bungalow, terrace, etc.
Azure Communications has the experience and expertise to help create your next mailing campaign. Call us at (0)1 531 2695 or email email@example.com