What is variable data printing?
Variable data printing is the process of adding personalised content to documents using digital printing technology. Instead of printing the same message on all pieces, you can get very specific with individualised messaging and designs to trigger buying behaviour.
Companies may change the text and graphics for each recipient depending on their age, gender, and other demographic data. Variable data printing has proven to have a great impact on the recipients and improving response rate.
Options with Variable Data Printing
Variable text: With variable text, each mail piece can be personalized to have the recipient’s name, address, special messages, etc. based on the information you have about them.
- Variable graphics: Each mail piece can be personalized to have different images, charts, maps, etc.
- Variable offers: Each mail piece can be personalized to have different coupons or other special offers based on the information you have about previous purchases or focusing on a specific demographic.
- Variable call-to-action: With variable call-to-action, each mail piece can have a different call-to-action statement, personalized URL (pURL) or landing page.
- Change Your Return Address or Phone Number – If you have multiple store locations or offices, print the one that will be the most convenient for each recipient.
- Demographics – You can use your data to segment your campaign between various age groups, income levels, or gender, changing the message or photos of your mail piece to better communicate with each group.
What Is the Impact of Variable Data Printing?
- 86% of consumers say personalized marketing leads to a buying decision.
- 67% of shoppers who’ve experienced personalised marketing are highly in favour of personalised offers based on past experiences.
- 96% of retailers believe that personalised content influences what consumers buy.
- PODi and DMA data report that while response rates for non-personalized mail pieces average 2%, personalized pieces have response rates of 6%—an increase of 300%!
Azure Communications has the experience and expertise to help create your next mailing campaign. Call us at (0)1 531 2695 or email email@example.com